Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fairy kei on a budget: Fairy-loli that won't break the bank!~ Under $50~~

I personally love incorporating lolita into my everyday fairy kei coord. It's a nice break from the usual, and dressing up is something i really love~ I love Lolita, but like many girls, the price is just not something i can afford. I do have a few brand pieces though, but saving up for angelic pretty is really hard. But, with stores like bodyline, you don't have to spend 300 dollars on a dress~ There are a lot of things i want from bodyline right now! Accessories, skirts, headdresses, shoes *__* I love everything!! So onto my little accumulation of bodyline pieces for under $50~
I love this jumper-skirt! Mostly because i love the pastel colors. You can buy this one from bodyline for $33. I'd put a link to the actual page, but it never works! Oh well /:
One thing i don't like about this dress is the lifted fabric in the front. It doesn't bother me enough to not buy it, but if i designed it, that wouldn't be there ^^ I love the three color choices, but mostly the pink!~
For fairy kei fusion, i would wear it with a big pastel knit cardigan, split color tights,  and some sort of sneakers like converse~ Super cute! Then, just adorn yourself in cute vintage accessories and you'll look super adorable!~ Also, instead of a blouse with it, you could wear a cute t-shirt or cutsew~~
This is the second jumper-skirt i chose~ My friend ordered this one recently~ Also $33 for this one! I picked this one because i thought the colors looked a bit muted, which reminded me of spank! and vintage styles. I prefer polkadots over stripes, that's why i like this one a little more than the previous one. For styling it, i would really embrace the spank/vintage feeling. If it's warm out, wear it without a blouse or tee underneath.. Summer is coming up, so you probably won't want to be wearing a bunch of layers. I would wear lace top ankle socks and mary janes or maybe white tea party shoes. To add the fairy kei element, wear a cute cardigan and pins (particularly the ones that say "I heart spank!") Also, use a cute bag, but not a shoulder bag. Something with a cute motif, like sugar bunnies.
THE MINT ONE *___*  I love this dress. It's a little more expensive than the others, at forty dollars. again, i would choose the mint, pink, or lavander. I would actually wear a blouse under this one, but not white~ To add more color use a sax, pink, or lavender blouse, depending on which color way you like. Also, i would wear it with patterned tights, like the ones from Holley Tea Time. For shoes, sneakers or tea party shoes would be acceptable~ Also, don't forget to accessorize!

Might i say, i completely adore this print!! This has been on my want list for a long time, but i cant decide if i want the skirt or jumper-skirt version!~ Either way, it's really cute, and in my opinion, the ultimate fairy-loli piece!~ You can pair this with almost anything and it will still look cute!~ Gosh, i want this so much!~The jumper-skirt version is 33 dollars, and the skirt is 27. This is definitely something i will be buying in the future!~
This was another one i really liked, because i love polkadots!~ I want the lavender or mint color way, mostly because i have way too much stuff that is pink!~ I would wear it with a parka or something, like a hoodie~ It seems like something i would wear with suspenders, to be honest~ I have pink ones that used to be my grandpa's, weirdly, that would look really adorable with it~ Also, a remake shirt with a cute motif would suit it well~ It's $33. I would buy this, but probably not anytime soon ^^
Well, i hope this post was helpful! Thanks for reading, have a nice day, and if you like my posts, please follow!~ Also, check out my tumblr!


Anna~~~

1 comment:

  1. Great Post!
    Sad to see there aren't any comments. I don't want fairy kei to become a new trend craze, but I'd definately like it to gain some recognition.
    It's an amazing style... comfy, affordable and there's so much freedom to create outfits.
    I just wish I could wear a mix of Lolita/fairy kei/pastel goth everyday <3

    ReplyDelete