Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fairy kei on a budget: How to make your old clothing cuter~

If you're like me, you probably already have a lot of stuff in your closet that is cute, but doesn't have enough "cute factor" to be used for fairy kei~
That can be fixed with simple DIY! I like to use this not just for stuff i already have, but things at the thrfit store or local stores, that i think have potential, so i buy them xD
You can sew things to tees, shorts, cardigans, and other things like that!~


I thought a simple bow made this tee a little cuter! I didn't actually sew it, because the shirt is my sister's, but i took a bow from on of my skirts and stuck a pearl earring through the middle and made it into some sort of pin~~ I think it looked really cute, and i think i might have to go to the thrift store and get something to actually sew it on~~
Adding simple things to your clothing can really make a difference. In my case, i can find a lot of stuff from around my house to use as cute accessories! It really is a good strategy, and even if you don't have a bunch of stuff in your house to use, you can buy it at cheap places like the dollar store, Walmart, target, and even maybe thrift stores~ I like to use little things from the thrift store like small toys to make accessories~ Look at this necklace for instance:
Pony necklace!~ Isn't it cute? This, with some creativity, could be really easy to make!~ You just need a pony, some ribbon, beads, and other jewelry making supplies.

^ ^ Look at these super adorable shirts!! Under all of that, is actually just some plain pastel shirts, which you can buy pretty much anywhere for a reasonable price. Then just add some bows, and lace, and decorations!~ Another thing similar to this, is remake shirts, which are very popular in spank! and Nile Perch's designs. Just head to the thrift store or pretty much anywhere, and stop by the kids section! You never know what cute designs you'll find~ Then just cut out the print in a cute shape, like a star or a heart then surround it in lace and bows. It looks really cute in the end, and it's really easy!

You can do the same thing with stuff like cardigans and vests! Just sew on whatever you think is cute, and it will probably work out! Also, you can put bows on your shoes if you like~ Hunt at craft stores, garage sales, and wherever to find cute things to use, like buttons, patches, and vintage pins!

You can even redecorate little things, like hair bows. Just add some smaller bows, curled ribbon, pins, feathers, and pretty much whatever!~ It doesn't take much effort, just a little bit of thinking.. More onto hair accessories: Claire's has cute white and pink mini hats, but they are so plain for my taste.. nothing a little decoration can't fix!
You can add lace, ribbon, bows, decos, pearls, rhinestones, and even small stuffed animals! I'm planning on making something like this in the near or distant future, and i'll probably post a tutorial as well > <
For shoes you can make shoe clips or sew things like lace and beads onto them... You can even paint them! I'm going to make a tutorial for all three soon, so keep looking back, or follow me for more diy~




The DC's are mine that i hand painted. You just need some pastel acrylic paints, and your ready to go~ You can make shoe clips with anything, i like using bows and hearts~ But you can experiment with different shapes and figure out what you like~ I want to try making strawberry clips. You can also add lace and ribbons to your converse for a cute nile perch inspired look~
Bottom line, with just a little creativity your clothing can be extra cute!

Thanks for reading~ If you like my blog please follow, and check out my tumblr! Check back for more posts, i update often! Bye cuties, hope your day is wonderful☆ 

1 comment:

  1. I have pretty much 99.9% J-Rocker style in my wardrobe, and I want to start dressing casual fairy-kei; however, I don't want to get rid of my old clothes, as my parents will both yell at me and question me, "Why are you suddenly changing all the clothing you own?!" Do you have any ideas on what to do? Sankyuu, xo

    ReplyDelete